Pages

Tuesday 1 October 2013

Halloween Prop - Toxic Waste Barrel

I came across an old garbage can in the shed that was cracked and wanted to repurpose it for Halloween!
 
This is what I did:
 
 I went out and bought a can of spray foam (The Great Stuff) for about $7.00 Canadian.
READ ALL DIRECTIONS ON THE SPRAY FOAM CAN!
 
First I gave the garbage can a light sanding with 80 Grit sandpaper so the paint would stick, then I sectioned it off into three sections - The top and bottom I painted black and the middle I painted white.
 
 
I let this dry and then I drew the "Radio Active" symbol on freehand (you can also print a stencil if you are more particular than I am)
 
I filled the symbol in with Fluorescent paint that was purchased from Michaels Art Store. It took a few coats to satisfy me. The writing was done with a sharpie paint pen or you can also use the same paint you used for the symbol or a yellow highlighter!
 
READ ALL DIRECTIONS ON THE SPRAY FOAM CAN!
 
I sprayed the foam on in a warm room (The garage was used for this as the foam is very sticky and messy, please make sure you wear gloves or you'll regret it!!!)
 
 
Once the can is open you have about 10-15 minutes of working time until the nozzle clogs up Spray the foam on how you see fit, remember this particular foam expands approximately 50%. This foam can be shaved/carved to suit you.
 
I painted the foam with green, yellow and orange fluorescent paint. I also added some Shadows with dark green and black acrylic paint.
 
 
 

This will be placed near a fog machine in our haunt to give it a creepy effect!


Fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment